The title just sounds magical doesn’t it?
Actually exercising without feeling like I’m exercising? It really is possible.
This time of year the weather is fantastic! Spring opens up a whole new world of activity possibilities. I am running outside, doing projects outside, eating on the patios at restaurants- I love this weather. Another wonderful thing about spring weather is how EASY it is to be active without putting alot of effort into it.
How to stay active even if you don’t have time for an intense workout session:
- Take your dog for a walk- I know my dog is more than thrilled to exercise and often reminds me to take him for a walk before I even think about it.
- Go for a walk after dinner- By yourself, with your spouse, with your kids- just go for a walk!
- Play at the park- Walk around, play games, chase your kids, get moving
- Plant flowers- gardening burns some great calories, so get going!
- Mow the lawn- mow yours, mow the neighbors, build some muscle!
- Do some home improvement- I recently started a sanding project to redo some kitchen chairs and a table… I am building some muscle!
- Take the stairs- Given the opportunity, opt for the stairs… your leg muscles will thank you.
- Park further away from the store in a parking lot: Don’t be lazy, walk some extra steps!
- Go for a family bike ride, a hike, anything- what an inexpensive way to exercise and build family relationships.
While all of these are great ways to stay active, I am not suggesting that planting a few flowers will keep you trim like a good run will, but add these in throughout the week and see how it helps! Still exercise hard 3-5 times a week and add in the fun stuff for extra benefits!
Take advantage of this weather. No matter your life stage, some of these suggestions will apply to you. Get out in the fresh air and get moving!