Who doesn’t love the words “quick” and “easy” when it comes to meal preparation?
Today’s recipe is a very simple recipe I watched my mom make over and over again as I was growing up. Simple breaded chicken, pan fried to perfection. Cheap, light, healthy, and delicious. This chicken recipe is great by itself, in salads, on top of spaghetti, and any other way you want to eat it!
PAN FRIED BREADED CHICKEN
1 pound chicken, breasts or strips
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup milk
1 TBLSP olive oil
1. Rinse chicken and cut any extra fat, tendons, or veins from the chicken.
2. In a bowl, whisk milk and egg together to form what will be the coating for the chicken. Place bread crumbs, salt, and pepper on a small plate and mix together to form chicken breading.
3. Take each piece of chicken and dip it into the milk and egg mixture. Then take the chicken and dip and roll in breadcrumb mixture to coat each piece. Continue until all chicken is coated and breaded.
4. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Wait for oil to be extremely hot before putting chicken in to cook. When your oil is hot, the breading adheres to the chicken and crisps rather than falling off during cooking.
5. Reduce heat to medium and place chicken in olive oil. Cook chicken, covered, close to 5 minutes per side. Chicken may need to cook longer depending on the size and thickness of the chicken. Chicken is done cooking when juices run clear.
This is a go-to recipe for those of us who like a quick and delicious fix during the week.
Chicken also makes a great snack as 4 oz of un-breaded chicken is 120 calories and 22 grams of protein.